Tuesday, June 7, 2011

TR5: 25/15

That's 25 minutes running (a little over 2 miles) and 15 minutes swimming. The endless pool took a bit to get used to, but I think I got it now. I think it simulates lake swimming more than a regular pool does. I have no idea how to gauge how I did, but I didn't drown. I swam 15 minutes at 300-400psi, which is supposed to be .27 miles. I don't know what that means. All I know is that I didn't drown and when I googled, I was right:

SWIM TRAINING IN AN ENDLESS POOL is like swimming in open water – no turns, no shared lanes, no stopping. By eliminating turns you get a better understanding of your true open water endurance.
 So it should be harder than a "normal" pool and it initially felt that way. Took me a bit to get back far enough that I wasn't getting a nasal cleansing from being too close to the waves. I actually had to turn it up, because to 300psi was too slow. I kept catching the current.

Here is what it looks like...


1 comment:

  1. I would love to try one of these......and sounds like my sinus' could use one too!

    ReplyDelete