Saturday, June 25, 2011

TR11: 3 in a mini sprint tri session

Today, I upped the brick to a mini tri, backwards like.  I ran 3, biked 8.5 and then swam 500m.  I burned a buttload of calories and felt really accomplished when I got it done.  Here is the lowdown.

I had a sitter so I could actually take the hour plus it took to do all of it.  It was all inside, so it would be what you call "ideal" conditions.

I began with 3 miles on the mill.  I ran at about 6 to 6.5mph, got my 3 miles in for half training and the amount of running most sprint tris would require in.

I then jumped on the spin bike, set it on hills plus, so that it wouldn't be just flat race.  I managed to get 8.5 miles in in 30 minutes.  By this time I was sweating at hog status.

So, when I got in the pool, the water felt AMAZING...I swam in the endless pool for 20 minutes.  17.4 minutes is supposed to be .28 miles, so I was a little over a 1/4 of a mile.

I got done and was spent...totally burned off the peanut m&m's I had chowed down for energy!

No cool routes to post since it was all inside...

No comments:

Post a Comment