Sunday, June 26, 2011

TR13: Jeff Galloway, I may love you

Ok, so today, I set out for my first 6 mile run in I don't know how long.  Actually, I can say the last 6 mile run I ran was sometime in March.  Yes, I ran longer than that closer to now, but 6 miles, was in March.  Today, I did the Jeff Galloway run/walk training method, based on a 9:30-10 minute mile.  That put me at a 4 minute to 1 minute ratio of walking to running.  I did six miles in less than an hour and I am pretty stoked about that, as is my hubby who watched the kiddos while I ran!

I did a 4:1 ratio, which means I ran 4 minutes, walked 1.  The time I ran, I felt stronger and faster than I have before.  The walk break re-energized me and I honestly didn't feel any real fatique set in until after mile 5.  I have to say that is amazing.  I looked uo my times, the last time I ran a 6 mile was in March and now I am 10 minutes faster, which is about a 9:44 minute pace, which again is just way faster than my times in March AND when I was done, I felt AMAZING!  I just may LOVE this man...

Here is my new 6 mile route, that I may never do again....http://runkeeper.com/user/clyoungsey/activity/40928725

That pitbull on the invisible chain scared the crap out of me at about mile 2; I swore he was going to break the chain and get me...I LOVED the route, hated the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment