Tuesday, June 28, 2011

TR14: If it blows...hit the trail

The weather report this morning called for 15-25 mph winds from the west.  The west is a flat field that offers NO wind protection whatsoever.  We dropped Greyson off at pre-school and then hit the trail in the 'burg.  It was sooooooo much calmer than at our house, as it is surrounded by trees. 

I adapted the JG run/walk method to the stroller, with a 3:1 ratio, which is pushing it a little, it is hard, especially in 15 mph winds!  As you can see, it really is pictureseque!



We parked at the local grocery store and ran to the trail and hit it.  It is about a 4.5 mile trek.

Here is the trail route:  http://runkeeper.com/user/clyoungsey/activity/41216629

I did forget to mention, this was yet another therapuetic run.  I had insomnia last night, was actually awake and online when the mommy of a very special boy posted that he earned his angel wings, after that...no sleep.  I ran because I was emotionally spent, so as we said in Evansville, "running is my therapy" ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment