Sunday, January 30, 2011

TE13: Perspective change

Last night, with a good glass of wine, (we train to drink right?) I picked up the book a dear friend sent me.  It is called Run Like A Mother.  I managed to tear up before I was through the introduction.  I am already in love with what you would call characters if it were fiction, but they are real women, real mothers, and I am identifying with so many of their thoughts...maybe because I am that too.  In short, the book is amazing. 

Right before I jumped on the elliptical this morning, I read how one of the moms managed to fracture her heel while training for a marathon.  She trained the majority of the time for that marathon on a bike.  I have been mentally beating myself up because I have had to be on an elliptical for the last 2 weeks instead of running.  This morning instead of apologizing to myself for not running and beating myself up about it, I owned it and pushed myself harder than I have previously because I was mentally defeating the idea of training on an elliptical for a running event.

So, I will not let myslef do this any more.  I also am noting that all of my PT work is paying off.  I am doing extra stretches and exercises in hopes that I will be able to be released and heal as fast as I can.

So, the 4 that I banged out this morning was quite cathartic.  The 4 yesterday, that was revenge on the scale, which told me the 2 glasses of wine and pizza the night before wasn't the best dining choice...lol

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I thought the book would help, I knew you didn't need to be beating yourself up over not being able to run. You do what you have to do now so you can run later : ) Enjoy the rest of the book!!

    ReplyDelete