Tuesday, January 18, 2011

TR8: down but not out...yet

"Run" 8 was done on the elliptical, as I have not gotten the clearance to "run". 
I did the "3 miles" on Sunday to get it in before the week. 

So, you probably know about my crazy numb knee...any guesses on the cause?  Ironically, the  cause for my craziness (march of dimes and healthy babies) also is the cause of my knee issue.   It all boils down to muscle atrophy and rehabiliation.

6 weeks in bed + an emergency c section = low core strength...so while running, I cannot support my weight, especially pushing a jog stroller...

I am clear to lowimpact (elliptical) but not run for a few weeks while I do core exercises.  Not sure how to do the sponsorship thing...

This realization, that prematurity is still effecting me more than 19 months later, even when I have a chubby, thriving, 33 weeker, moves me even more and makes me even more passioniate about the cause I am running for.  I will be back and I will beg for clearance as soon as I can.  Until that point I will faithfully do my exercises and train hard on the elliptical trainer for the number of miles I want to be running.

1 comment:

  1. I think everyone will understand and support you so that 10 minutes on the elliptical equals 1 mile or just use the mileage that the machine comes up with. Not an issue, everyone will understand!!!

    ReplyDelete