Sunday, January 9, 2011

TR5: Crazy Cold..

So, I noticed that my knee was bugging me...it didn't "hurt" but I could feel it.  So, despite it being less than 30 degrees, I headed outside instead of inside.  I think the treadmill that I used last didn't have appropriate cushion.  So I am braving the bitter cold and taking some supplements (joint support and Omega 3) which are good for stiffness and good for you anyway...

Got my 3 in today, in the delightful 26 degree weather, it was at least still (wind at 4 mph) and working in my favor, out of the northwest, so I am running with it on the way back.

Interesting observation:

I noticed twice that I felt pretty spent, once, as always during the first 1/2 mile and then I hit a stride and went at a nice even steady pace till I hit about 2 miles and then boom, I felt my groove kick in.  I think if I make it thru the first hideous part I could actually go longer than I am going, but I will go with the schedule and not try to kill myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment