Sunday, January 23, 2011

TE10: Ode to the Elliptical

At about $2000, a huge expense (remember, this was before kids and the million dollar baby) at the time, but I can say I think I have logged over 2000 miles on it over the last seven years and it has definitely paid for itself in my mental health.

It was as close to serenity as I could get this morning, 5:30 am, coffee in my system, and sweating out my training regimine for today....music blasting (headphones) baby monitor on.  So I sit here now, in a very relaxed state knowing my "workout" is done, already showered (without kid interruption), sipping coffee, coaxed into yet another episode of Dinosaur Train by my oldest, who is snuggled in my chair.  Not a bad place to be.

I haven't been real "proud" of recent progress, but I can say this:  This morning I am actually noting that I am making progress on the elliptical too.  I pushed out 45 minutes at about 180+ strides per minute, making it to 7420 strides by the end of my workout.  I have struggled with this pace before and today it was very do-able.

So, my "4" is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment