Thursday, January 27, 2011

PT Update...

So today, I had another session of PT.  Some things are getting better others are still appearing.

My back, much more flexible.  My knee is where the wierd numbness is now, which I am told is a sign of improvement, they say that it is supposed to move up and go back into the spine where it is coming from.  So, though I don't understand, it is getting better.

However, the new problem that has surfaced is the super tight calves and lack of flexion in my ankles, which is necessary (like 15 degrees or something) to run.  I am like at +2, which means they do NOT FLEX AT ALL.  So, between the messed up core (weak as can be), hip rotation/slipping, and ankles that don't flex, I am basically not fit to run. Who would have thought someone who appears of average weight/build is so messed up.

So any miles I am doing are being logged on an elliptical...but I may try a few short jogs just to try to keep in it a little.  Very bummed about this messed up body I have.

1 comment:

  1. I have confidence your body will come to terms with its new hobby, running, soon : )

    ReplyDelete