Friday, July 1, 2011

TR15: Brought to you by Fla-Vor-Ice

This was probably one of the least relaxing runs I have had in awhile.  I had both boys with me, which not only means 75 lbs of dead weight in the jog stroller, but also the incessant chatter of a 5 year old with a bad sense of direction (which he gets from me).  He insisted that we were going away  from home, when we were on the way back.  Insisting in the form of crying, whining, and pouting.  Thank God that just about the time this began, I was hitting an endorphin rush.

It has been a long time since I have had 2 boys in the stroller, so I adjusted my JG ratio to a 2:30 min run to 1 min walk.  I ran just under 2.75 miles in under 28 minutes.  I ran/walked an under 9 minute mile the first mile!!!  So I am thinking that I swear by his method.

It averaged out to be about a 10:27 minute mile, which pushing a jog stroller with 75 lbs in it, it's good with me.  Not sure if it was the rush to escape the whining, trying to beat the impending storm (it was thrundering in the distance) or to get out of the 90% humidity....but I felt good and I know at one point in time I heard my speed announced at 7.2 mph (this was at the end when I was feeling drops)

The run was quiet for the first mile and for that, I would like to thank an unofficial sponsor, Fla-Vor-Ice popsicles...a perfect low sugar bribe to get my oldest into the stroller so I could run!


http://runkeeper.com/user/clyoungsey/activity/41521935

1 comment: