Friday, July 29, 2011

TR22: Hydration Hustle Virtual 5k

As time doesn't matter on this one, I invited a mommy gal pal who wants to get into running join me.  Like me, she struggles to find the time to do so.  We have 4 kids between us...a gorgeous day and a zoo with a 5k course.  Can you say perfect?  And FUN!?!?



We set out, took our time, visited exhibits, hauled butt to Africa (an exhibit that has a 1.5 mile walking or in our case running path with a huge hill in it)  She did great, the kids had fun and we got our 5k in in under an hour.  As she hasn't run in forever, or ever, not sure which is the case, we did kind of a couch to 5k style workout!



This was supposed to be my day "off" from training.  We did the zoo and then I took the kids for ice cream and the park.  As I was feeling guilty about the ice cream AND a little puppy was missing, the boys and I went on a 1.5 mile dog searching mission, so I got an additonal little run in :)

1 comment: