Friday, July 29, 2011

Momma freaks out

I am suspending the long runs for the half until I am done with the tri next weekend.  I am just very anxious about the swim portion and I need to focus on one thing.

When momma gets freaked, she gets busy.  Freaked pretty much describes how I am feeling about the swim portion of the tri.  The pool, I can handle; the lake is freaking me out.  How else can you explain how I can swim for 25 nonstop minutes in a pool and feel out of breath and freaked about the water in the lake?  I would say it is just easier, but I am using an endless resistance pool that is pushing water in my face continuously.  People freak me out, as do weeds, and of course the not being able to touch.

I have practiced swimming daily for the last three days and I am hitting the pool or lake again tomorrow.  Yesterday, I had an awesome pool workout and Monday was a nice 10 mile bike ride, down to the lake and back, where I struggled thru 750 yds of swimming.  I am guessing I will be in the water, during the tri, about 20 minutes unless I get an adrenaline rush or freak out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment