Friday, July 8, 2011

TR17: Just not feeling it

Yesterday, I ran my 3 miles (should have been 4) but I couldn't get my head into it.  It was the first day running since my 5 mile race and the first day that I was feeling physically able to do it. My quads were so sore for two days there was no possible running.

I spent mile one cursing myself thinking "wow, this sucks", mile two thinking "when can this be done" and mile three thinking "I am probably mind f-ing myself by thinking all these negative thoughts".  It was pretty much ugly.

But the reason I have document the ugly along with the good is that even though I felt like it was a crappy run, I got the most supportive comments from other mommas who know how hard it is to just get a run in!

  • "sounds like my run on Tuesday! Hoping for a better 4 miler today!"
  • "At least you did it...good job!!"
  • "This was totally me yesterday. So not interested. You will get back into it! Good job with the 3 mi! You inspire me to get back out there."
So I guess the moral of the srtory is, like I have heard a MRTT say "No matter how slow you run it is still faster than someone sitting on a couch. ..."

http://runkeeper.com/user/clyoungsey/activity/42319179

No comments:

Post a Comment