Saturday, February 26, 2011

TR24: My first 6

Today I ran 6 miles.  The first consecutive 6 miles I have ever ran.  I woke up this morning, damning the snow and had no plans or running today.  The promise of 39* tomorrow, I was sure that tomorrow was was the day.  Good buddy Rhonda's chipper post about her plans to run 6 got me thinking...My husband just asking "so are you going for a run" paired with the vision of the snow melting off the road, well I had to go.

So today, still some snow, I still see footprints.  I watch them as I run.  I assume they are male, by the size and stride.  I keep running...and running, as I said, 6 miles worth.  Today, was the first time that I actually saw people also running.  I have to admit I felt pretty cool just being seen by other runners, maybe much more veteran to the sport, but a quick smile, wave and a "keep going" from them made my day...

Here is my run, very senic and country-esque! 
http://runkeeper.com/user/clyoungsey/activity/26975338

1 comment:

  1. You go girl!! Above and beyone 6 miles! I was happy that i wasn't totally exhaused after the run or the next day. Feeling pretty good but I'm in NC until tomorrow, so I'm not sure I'll get my next TR in until Wed.

    ReplyDelete