Saturday, February 12, 2011

TR18: Snow, wind, peer pressure

At a "balmy" 31 degrees with 20 mph winds, inside my home ws a much more attractive place to be than outside.  But, I have a connection with my TP that won't let me let her suffer thru a killer of a 5K in near identical conditions, while I sit on a rear enjoying warm house and coffee.

So, I headed out this morning.  Cold weather and all.  Some realizations...I was not the only crazy one out there.  Apparently, there were at least 3 other crazy folks (and a 4 legged companion) by the footprints in the snow on my route.  Yes, there is still like 2 feet of snow around here and the roads are covered, my normal route drifted over...and I still ran.  Crazy to a new level.  It went well,  the first mile I kicked butt on a clear pavement street, 2 and 3 had lots of snow and I had to be careful...so I ended up with a near 3 mile run, avg of 11.22 minutes per 5.28 mph mile.

Here is the route (cause runkeeper is sooo freaking awesome):  http://runkeeper.com/user/clyoungsey/activity/25763081

Love you Rhonda...you seriously motivated me out of my chair and on the road.

2 comments:

  1. Peer pressure is a beotch sometimes : ) but it's helping me too! We ran a slow 5k, I wanted to stay with Mary Rurh, so no new PR but I got to spend some time with her and we hadn't gotten to do that lately. Tomorrows weather should be better so if I get really frisky I will take Mallory out in BOB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you keep that attitude with the half....we Will be great...

    ReplyDelete