Thursday, February 24, 2011

TR23: Wet and wild

So I did my training run this morning...while my oil was being changed.  It was good, but wet.  With snow/slush covered or ice roads and some nasty drizzle to boot...I tracked on.  I am proud to say I have just ran the longest I have in my life at one point that I can remember AND lived to tell about it. 

I could have actually done the full six I was scheduled to do, but I was a little worried about the fact I could feel a little pain in my knee and I DO NOT want to regress as just a few weeks ago I was only ok to run 2 miles at a time.  I will not push this. 

But it was very amusing to feel that at 3 miles I hit that endorphin rush, when it used to only take a mile, this has to mean my endurance (or as the alcholics like to say, tolerance) is building.  So needless to say, I am excited that I am making it there...slowly, as in 12 minute miles, but surely.  :)  Yeah me.

Now I think I am going to invest in some cool running gear...

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize you guys had ice up there, ug! You go girl, trudging through all the slush and mess! Now if I can just find the time to get my 6 in....seriously considering seeing if the neighbor girl will come over and entertain Mallory while I run.

    ReplyDelete