Sunday, March 13, 2011

TR31: Country Roads

You know you are running on country roads when you see the following:

  1. gorgeous creeks, lakes, small woodland creatures
  2. small pocket sized booze bottles
  3. more cans than what I raised by running
  4. condom wrapper
  5. roadkill and this squirrel hand (looks like the tailsman from an Edgar Allen Poe story...no joke)
  6. dirty mag tossed out someone's window
Yep, that is country running...lol

just ran 8 miles...holy hell, 8 miles.  That is my new PR...I can't believe it, still in endorphin mode :) chilling with some diluted purple powerade, never tasted anything so good.

The route was gorgeous, the weather perfect, low winds, mild (40*) temps, rare cars.  Here is the route:  http://runkeeper.com/user/clyoungsey/activity/28372825

Ok, since it went so well, here are things to note:

Nutrition:  Ate well last night (whole wheat pasta), had a good big breakfast (balanced protien and carbs) with some coffee, didn't run out of gas

Hydration:  Small water/powerade in pocket of running coat, just the right amount, didn't mess with pace, but had it when I needed it

Music:  Digging the new "8mile" play list I hooked up this morning, some of Rhonda's great selections and some of mine :)  Half the songs I am not sure what are since the names didn't come over on my media player, but they rocked.  I synced up 1:30 hours of music and didn't go thru it all :)

NOTE:  when feeling spent (which I was at mile 6.75) find 4th of July and play, it saved my run and mood :)  Perfect timing...thanks to Rhonda.

I have to check to see if they have smaller socks, mine are acting like they are too big and causing a blister potential on my second toe...

No comments:

Post a Comment