Friday, March 4, 2011

TR28: Holy hell, I need to work on pace

Seriously, I was at about a 9:30 to 10:00 pace for the first 5 miles.  Then I tanked.  It was raining, I was dreading the run due to that, I was trying to get it done...and you don't just get 7 miles done, like that at least.  So my excitement to be done won over pace is a good thing thinking and I wasted my energy too fast. 

The last three miles were ROUGH.  For the first time I walked during a run.  As I completed the 7 in only 7 minutes more than the 6 I did last week, which felt great, you can see that my pace was way off.  Doing a 5k would be a breeze now, since I can run at that pace, but certainly not for 7 miles!

Momma needs a reward...I am thinking something like this:



http://runkeeper.com/user/clyoungsey/activity/27527597

1 comment:

  1. You go!! I think you totally need a reward! At least you seem to have multiple gears, I seem to be stuck in slow, lol!

    ReplyDelete