Monday, March 21, 2011

TE34: Road Block

You hear college guys casually throw around the term "cock block"...lol, I would like to quote urbandictionary.com with the following terminology:

1. To prevent a male friend or associate from getting some action.
Used in a sentence:
Damn, Johnny just totally cockblocked his roommate. Ass.
Cock blocker:  A person (male or female) who intentionally or unintentionally stops the progress of two others getting their game on.
 
I had this funny in my head as I continued to try to find a time that worked for me to run this weekend.  Saturday, I threw myself into a March of Dimes fundraising event that kept me away from home all day and Brian with the boys all day.  It would have been bad form to come home at 3 and then take off for a 90-minute run...so Sunday had to be it.  However, I completely felt "road blocked"...see below definition by crazymomma's running dictionary:
 
Road Block:  To prevent a crazy mother runner from getting some action on the road...
 
Road Blocker:  A person (male or female) who intentionally or unintentionally stops the progress of a crazy mother runner game on.
 
So morning...road blocked...by the hubs and boys.  Yes, I wanted to spend time with them, but did I want to run?  Hell yeah.  Night, rained out.  Not like sprinkling...but downpour and thunder with lightening...
 
So I felt I had to do something, so I settled for 90 minutes on the elliptical, to at least get a cardio rush in.  Running my ass off this week.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment