Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Jelly Bean...Virtual 5k

Isn't it funny how the romanticized ideal running experience gets turned into a "mom, when can I get it in" one?  Yes.  We traveled down south for the weekend, the highlight for me was to run in warm temperate weather.  Walking...yes, LOTS.  Running, not so much.  We had to pack light, which doesn't include a jog stroller.  So my running became hotel treadmill running.

However, it may suck, but it will get it done.  I ran a virtual 5k over the weekend.  My first ever.  As it was virtual, it didn't matter where you ran it, so the treadmill was ok.  I ran mostly at a pace of 5.7 - 6.0 mph. I really hoped to be at about 30 minutes, but my "official" time was 31:43.

It was my first, so I guess it is a baseline or PR for now.  Now onto the Hearty Hustle, a run to benefit the boys' schools, which I will be doing with a jog stroller, so no potential PR...but let's see what running with people can do! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment