Monday, April 11, 2011

The Big Dance...

I cannot really beleive I am saying this, but I can now say, I have ran a half-marathon!  Holy cow. From Couch to 5K to half marathon finisher.  A little progress in less than 9 months I would say.  So in 9 months Couch to 13.1 miles.  Yikes.

We began training in January and completed the half marathon yesterday.  It was an all around amazing experience.  Our goal:  FINISH.  Goal accomplished. 

The weeks out I began stalking the weather.  I was so concerned about it.  When it came down to it, it was going to be warm and windy, but no rain.  First thought:  Woo Hoo, no rain...70's, love it!  Second thought:  I have not trained on HILLS, in HEAT (yes every outdoor MI run involved a ski cap) or that long in the wind.  Oh, boy.

Did we finish?  YES!  Was it rough going at times...you know it.  I am not sure either of us could have finished alone, but together, failure was not an option.  Was I stellar standout in my age class, nope.  Did I make an amazing friend, yep.  I wouldn't do it any other way than being there every step with Rhonda.

13.1 miles, 1 medal, 1 blister and some general soreness later, I am a half marathon finisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment