Wednesday, August 10, 2011

TR 25: Back in the saddle

One week to vacation, two weeks till I go back to work....so today, I wanted to spend time with the guys...but I also wanted to run.  How can I do both?  ZOO.  Our zoo, has some hellishly hilly trails (1.5 miles round trip) and it is nothing to do about 4 miles in a trip.  We never stay long.  We have a membership so I don't feel obligated to stay long.  We go in, get the boys some popcorn (bribe) and then mommy hits the trail!  We make it fun by "racing" the zebra tram.  I haven't done it with both boys in the stroller in awhile, but I did today and it was haaaaard!

We ran to "wild Africa" fed the giraffes, speed thru the monkeys, snow leopards, etc. and mommy got her 4 miles in.  It said the max speed was 13.3...going downhill, I imagine, and low speed was 0.0...stopping waiting for the tracker to kick off, with an average of 3.3 miles per hour.  Oh, and the best part of all, the kids loved it.

Well.....maybe not the best part of all for me.  I think that was when a mom that we passed on our way down to the tram station (where the hellishly hilly trail to Africa begins) who we passed again on our way out, said "wow!  you are quick"  Yep, we beat the tram there AND back :) 

So, as I have seen Rhonda put a price on a workout...this one cost about $19  ($4 for a train ride, $8 happy meals, $5 giraffe feeding, $2 ice cream)...LOL!  And the comment "wow! you are quick"  Priceless!  On a side note, the Shermanator is the first race I have been in that has done WOMEN's shirts, thus it is the first one I have gotten that fits!  So, I strutted my stuff in my TRI tech shirt today at the zoo.

NOTE TO SELF:  I really want to do the TRI on Labor Day Weekend....even if I still have a 10 year old mountain bike! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment