Wednesday, December 29, 2010

March for Babies, Run for Dimes

Last year when I first "Marched for Babies" many folks asked me if they could sponsor me by the mile.  However, the three miles that the walk is, isn't that spectacular of a number.  So, this year, I have found a way that they can do just that.  I am "Running for Dimes". 

A friend of mine is training for a half marathon.  She came up with the idea that goes something like this:

"So, on a take off the old bike-a-thons we used to do as a kid where people would sponsor you so much for every mile you could ride in a given time, MARCH FOR BABIES, RUN FOR DIMES is similar in that you can sponsor me for every mile I run between Jan 1 and April 15th"

For me, this is a win-win situation.  I NEED to get moving for health and exercise, but collecting dimes for each mile and donating them to the March of Dimes, a cause which I already am extremely passioniate about because of Gunner's story, is even more motivating!

No comments:

Post a Comment